Saturday, February 28, 2009

Announcing Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality


March 1 is the official launch date for my new book, Voices of the Earth: The Path of Green Spirituality (Llewellyn). Publisher's Weekly wrote, "the author's gentle optimism about human relationship to the Earth and earnest care for the planet in all its particularity is a welcome contribution to environmental advocacy." Voices is a prayer for the Earth, a guide for a new way of living on the planet - or rather, a very old one brought into modern culture - where we humans know the voices of the land, the spirit of the animals, trees, stones, and rivers, and in doing so are able to craft a world of harmony and respect for nature and each other. I offer stories of my own experiences with nature, including song birds, trees, Puget Sound, and even mama marijuana, just to name a few. Then I suggest specific ways you might deepen your relationship with the world through art, meditation, and practice. Voices of the Earth is a must for anyone who loves nature, is drawn to a spirituality of any path that embraces the land, and yearns for a more harmonious world.

You can purchase Voices through any independent bookstore (or any bookstore, for that matter, but I always suggest supporting your local indie!), or online at Amazon.com.

Read an interview with author Clea Danaan (that's me!) here.


3 comments:

Green Womyn said...

Dear Clea, I enjoyed the interview very much. Do you know if I can translate it into Portuguese and publish it in my blog?

Clea Danaan said...

Thank you Green Womyn! I have emailed the editor to ask permission and will get back to you.

spiritvision said...

I am purchasing your book this afternoon. I am very new to green spirituality but feel it is the right path to join with my Reiki practice to ground me. Everything is coming together and making sense, for my sacred intention is to help people to know, embrace and celebrate their personal responsibility. Thank you for writing this book, I feel it will be a major ally in my journey to help heal Mother Earth.