Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Organic Gardening outside the U.S. Bubble

I love to read stories about organic gardening and stewardship by normal people in other countries. I read this article about an IT guy in Malaysia and his home garden, and it brought me to this website Centre for Environment, Technology and Development, Malaysia (CETDEM). Or this article about organic - or ecological - gardening in Tanzania. Or this NPR story about the organic farm Fruit Garden, Fragrant Pig just south of Chengdu. I feel happy and connected to the planet to know that others outside of the American bubble are changing the way they live while facing many of our same struggles, like the high cost of organic food.

It makes me think, too, that I need to give my garden a name. Like Clay Pot, Fat Squirrels. Or Wasp Heaven, Outdoor Cat Box. Or maybe Algae Pond, Lazy Seeds.

Ok. Anyway.

How is your garden doing?

No comments: